Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Last Call at the Dog Park ... at least til January

Tomorrow and Thursday begin Fuzz-Trooper's infirmity.  He'll have one shot on each hip each day.  (Have I reminded you lately that you need to give your dogs heartworm pills??) After Thursday, he's on the couch for a month.  The first week or so should be easy.  They're usually pretty sore and dont care.  It's weeks 2 - 4 that pose a problem when they want to be up and tearin' around.  Now, of course, they (the fosters) have begun to play together and start to gel.  This will make it infinitely harder when it comes time to keep him still.  Maybe I'll tie him to a chair - Nah, don't have any chairs he couldn't carry off.  I'm sure we'll think of something.

In the meantime, know that I did my best to wear them out up and down the hills at Minooka Park earlier today.  Wilma-Karmajane chased Fuzz-Trooper a bit.  The nice thing was that for the first time, everybody stayed with me and if they did wander off, they came back when I called their names!  Gotta like that. 

Puppy Lucky-Coal is such a sweet boy, I'm surprised no one has put in their app for this wonderful little guy.  He is getting bigger as I noticed this morning his collar was getting a little snugger. How big will he get? Probably not Wilma-Karmajane sized or Fuzz-Trooper but he might hit sixty pounds but I'm thinking even that will be wishful thinking.  Furever family, are you ready to find out?

Here are some pix of our adventures this morning. 
Thankfully, no dog fights today. 
That's always a good thing. 

As always, double click to enjoy larger!!

So much to see, where do we go first?

Labrador much?

Lucky-Coal and Mocha checking "wee mail"

Did somebody say Labrador?

Can I go? Everybody's playing without me.

Wait for me!

Whee - Running is Funn

Does this ball make my spots look blurry?

Freeze tag.

Why hello Mr. DeMille.

Labrador? Poodle?  Oh Yeah!

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Didja ever read that children's book - Go, Dog, Go?  Where are they going?

Still going ...

This dog has the sweetest face I've ever seen.

Still playing freeze tag

Hunting


Making a new friend

awww

Seriously, how can you not want to take this guy home?  he's super sweet and loves everybody. 



Haha - Shotgun

I got a little tied up - didn't quite make it to shot gun.

Who cares about shot gun - let me sleep.


No comments: